Sometimes I just want to have some muffins on hand for a snack. Something you can quickly grab and enjoy. You don’t even need to get a plate if you don’t want one.
This recipe results in a moist, soft muffin and the addition of whole wheat flour gives it a terrific texture. You can change the fruit if you don’t want or have blueberries. Strawberries would be amazing!
Blueberry Honey Whole Wheat Muffins
- 180 grams All-Purpose Flour (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- 60 grams Whole Wheat Flour (approx 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 eggs Large sized
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen work)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare your muffin tins with either liners or greasing each muffin cup.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and brown sugar together. Add the sunflower oil, milk and honey and mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and no dry patches remain. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 23 minutes or until the tops are browned and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Interested in another healthy muffin recipe? These Healthy Morning Muffins have bananas, oatmeal and carrots!
Muffins can be a quick recipe, and this recipe is no different. I hope you will try them out. If you do, please be sure to share your results. Also let me know in the comments below, what fruit would you use in these muffins?
As always, I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by.